Your first ride
How to vanpool with MagicRide
Find and book a ride
- Set your desired pickup and drop off address.
- Select the ride that best fits your schedule.
- Select the dates you want to book. You can reserve rides up to the end of the following week.
- Pay with your credit card or commuter benefit debit cards upon booking.
Receive email confirmation
You will receive an email and text confirmation. The email confirmation will have:
- Vanpool schedule
- Driver name and phone number
- Vehicle make, model, color, and license plate
- Trip and safety tips.
Day of ride
- Reminder: the van does not pick you up at your home! You must meet the van and the group at the pickup location.
- Since this is your first ride with this vanpool, be sure to arrive at the pickup location at least 15 minutes to allow time for you to find the exact parking spot of the van.
- To find the exact location of the van, check the Trip Details page on your Trips calendar.
- Contact your driver on the phone if you have any difficulty finding the van. If this is the first time meeting your driver, show your ID or email confirmation to the driver.
Respect other vanpoolers
The vanpool is a micro-community where the members respect each other. Each vanpool group may have its own preferences around talking, eating, waiting for one another, etc. Be sure to abide by these preferences!
Sit back and relax!
Be productive, read, or relax on your trip.